Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rodent goes on the dole


Sometimes the gags just write themselves. With the economy the way it is, I was wondering what unemployment might look like to the groundhog, who only has to work one day a year. What would he have to do to get fired?

Then I opened up the paper and saw the story from the AP wires: PETA wants to replace Punxsawtawney Phil with a robot. Of course, PETA is just trying to get a little extra ink and stir things up a bit, but that's kind of what they do, isn't it?

This cartoon fell into place right after I read that. This is one of the tamer versions I had, however. I thought about an out-of-control cyborg from a Japanese monster movie or something like the Groundhognator: "I'll be back -- in six weeks." Maybe I'll save those ideas for next year...

Anyway, make this is your best Groundhog Day EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment