Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday sketchbook: Traffic report

Maybe it's just me, but some of the stuff they say on the traffic report conjures up images in my mind that I don't think the radio announcers are trying to conjure. Here are just a few that I experience on almost a daily basis:
First is the thing that's in the way. There's one traffic reporter who refers to it as a "giant blockage on the freeway."
Next is the traffic tie-up. Maybe this comes from watching too much Dudley Do Right as a child, but this is what comes to my mind...


...and, of course, the all too familiar sideshow feature, the fender bender.

Any of those cliches get your goat?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Got my goat . . . but perhaps one of my favorite is the sign that says . . . "stop ahead".

    Always conjures up weird graphics in my mind - ha!

    Kristin
    I do love Paris, can't wait to return . . . sigh . . .

    ReplyDelete