Friday, March 9, 2012

The gift of wagging of tongues

Our ward just held its talent show, and the acts ranged from cringe-worthy to really, really good. I had a table in the back where I showed off some of my cartoons; artists and photographers in the ward showed off some of their wares. We even had a table dedicated to the culinary arts. It got me to thinking about some of those talents that members have that may be a little difficult to put on display (and every ward I've ever been in has someone with this kind of talent!).

The hardest thing about doing a gag like this is coming up with a name. The name I used in the original sketch was a little too close to someone who may be in our ward (I ain't tellin'!). For safety's sake, I switched it to the name of my brother's mission president, who was nicknamed "The Hawk." It has nothing to do with either him or his wife, but it has a nice ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment