Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lights out


It seems like every time I do some cleaning, I find old cartoons. This is one I did long, long, long ago, but never used. Until today.

In my first area as a missionary, the power used to go out all the time. It was a bit of an inconvenience, but it was worse when it happened at night as it was January and we were only kept warm at night by the heat from our electric blankets. When the power went out, it got cold.

How cold?

The winter winds came down out of Siberia and were cooled by the East Sea before blowing across the bay and into our bedroom. It wasn't unusual to have icicles on the inside of the windows and frost on the furniture. It was unusual, however, the morning my eyes froze shut. It wasn't Outer Darkness, but it was colder than, well, colder than all get out!

That area was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment