Saturday, November 15, 2014

Auf Deutsch


Imagine my surprise when I opened up my email and found a note from Bro. Thomas Mueller from Hamburg, Germany. He publishes a bulletin for his ward, and he wanted to let me know that he would like to use some of my cartoons* (and he wanted to ask permission, too).**

I had to look up this cartoon in the Zarahemla Times archive — neither my German nor my memory is good enough to remember what the original was. That's because my German teacher, Herr Goates, spent most of our time in the classroom telling stories from his mission and not a lot of time on grammar or vocabulary. It was a great class!

It's fun to see my cartoons translated into other languages. I've seen them in Spanish, Portuguese, French and, of course, Korean. It reminds me that the Church is a worldwide organization and the Gospel is for everyone. And if my little cartoons can help make us a little closer in some small way, well, that's what it's all about.


*And a lot of Arie Van De Graaff's as well!
**Which permission I usually grant for ward bulletins and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment