Wednesday, March 28, 2018

On being prepared

Better clothes, yes. Questionable food, yes. Better living conditions than Scout camp? I've been to some nice Scout camps, and I've been in some scary missionary apartments. I'd say that one is a tossup.

By the way, if you want to really prepare your missionary by giving him or her a true picture of what it's  like, I recommend two things. One, read Sis. Kerry Jo's Mission Blog (or follow her on Instagram @sis.kerryjo). Secondly, pick up a copy of Arie VanDeGraaff's Mission Daze (available at Amazon.com). Between the two of them, you'll get a really good idea of what to expect.

And good luck to my padawan, who enters the MTC today. Go forth and do good things!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your padawan. He'll do great, I'm sure.

    And while I'm not sure that Mission Daze is an accurate representation of a mission, I appreciate the plug.

    ReplyDelete