Sunday, December 8, 2019

Light the World: Share a scripture

I'm reminded of an experience I had as a missionary with an investigator, Choi Yeong-nan. She was discouraged, sad, and felt empty and alone. We prayed to know what we could do to bring her comfort and peace. As we prayed, a scripture reference came to my mind. It was crystal clear. It was also one that I wasn't familiar with. I marked it in my Korean scriptures and we went to our appointment.

As we spoke with her, I shared the verse with her, handing her my book to read. Her eyes filled with tears as she spoke the words, and she said, "This is exactly what I needed to hear."

When we got home, I opened up my English scriptures to the same verse. The verse spoke of how the Lord knows us as individuals, therefore "let not your heart be troubled." It was a powerful testimony to her; it was a powerful testimony to me.

Share a scripture today with someone that you love. It can make a world of difference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment