Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Legacy

There aren't a lot of ways for missionaries to express their individuality and their personality -- outside of neckwear. While there are guidelines, sometimes the interpretation of those guidelines can get pretty broad.

One of my sons came home from his mission with a big garbage bag full of ugly ties that he'd collected over his two years. I don't know if he wanted to keep them, or just couldn't get rid of them.

I've also heard of districts or zones that have ugly tie contests. Some of them, while still within the guidelines, were awfully awful!

Next time you meet a missionary -- the elders, that is -- check out his tie. It will tell you a lot about who he is.

1 comment:

  1. When I was in the MTC, my companion and I were asked to judge an ugly tie contest. One of the instructors won with a tie that resembled scrambled eggs with ketchup. Sad thing though - he didn't know there was a contest.

    ReplyDelete