Thursday, August 9, 2012

Down on the river


I was really torn on this one, trying to decide whether it was OK the way it is or if it needed a caption. A couple of captions I tried on were: "Death takes a fishing holiday;" "Bob wondered if there was a deeper reason this fishing hole was secret;" and "Hey! What are you using for bait?" That last one didn't work very well because Death is fly fishing.

So what do you think? Did I make the right choice? Should it be captionless? Aaargh! The struggles of cartooning!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, caption contest--I love these.

    How about: "Aw, man, you're scaring all the fish away."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I like your caption better than any of mine. I like the idea of a caption contest. I have a couple of really good cartoons that I drew and colored...and then forgot what the joke was going to be ( I didn't write it down 'cause I knew I'd remember!). Maybe I'll have to post those and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete