Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Sketchbook: Protecting our turf

This weekend we had not one, not two, but three service projects in which to participate. One was to help put in a driveway, which involved moving a bunch of gravel. One was an Eagle Scout project to locate Chinese graves in Salem's Pioneer Cemetery. The third was to help load two moving vans for a family moving out of the ward. As for me, I enjoyed moving the gravel because that's something I don't usually get to do. Locating the graves was kind of fun, too, as I became the resident expert on Asia because I can tell the differences between Chinese, Japanese and Korean. But the best was the move. The family finished loading up the vans the night before, so all that was left for us to do was eat the donuts and say goodbye. I guess that's one of the blessings of service!

No comments:

Post a Comment