Sunday, December 16, 2012

No mas


Today's originally scheduled a cartoon showed some missionaries at a shopping mall, but after the events of this past week here in Oregon, the setting of a mall kind of lost its appeal (maybe I'll just save it for next year). Then, after the events in Connecticut, this Good Heavens cartoon seemed much more appropriate.

No mas.

There's been a quote attributed to Mister Rogers that's been circulating on the Internet that says something like: whenever there's a tragedy, look for the helpers, see the good things that people are doing.

It's a basic law of physics that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Let's be that opposite reaction; let's be that force for good.

I'm reminded of the lines from "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" --
Then in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

No comments:

Post a Comment