Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Countdown: The Sketchbook

The Sketchbook is made up of cartoon ideas that, for one reason or another, didn't make it as full-fledged cartoons. Here are my top five from this year.

No. 5 - Fellow cartoonist Arie Van De Graaff came out for a visit this summer. We talked cartoons, and he told me how he uses his gags in his Gospel Doctrine class.



No. 4 - One of my padawans came up with this idea last January. It still makes me laugh, even though it's a little bit on the naughty side.


No. 3 - This was a hit with my readers from the Great White North. I try to provide cultural and educational tidbits whenever possible. This gag provided both.


No. 2 - The US presidential election was, of course, big in the news. There was one night of unfortunate overlap -- Mitt Romney's address to the Republican Convention was at the same time as a BYU football game. For some, it was a hard choice on which to watch.


No. 1 - My conference recaps proved popular this year. It helps to have good material to draw from. If you haven't yet, check out the sketchbooks from this year's October and April conferences.


Tomorrow: The runners-up!

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking forward to your top 10 countdown (plus 5 sketches) all month. It's a credit to you're work ethic that you're covering them all in three posts. I would have dragged it out for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete