Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day, Korean style

If you came here looking for a Monday Sketchbook, come back tomorrow. We're switching days this week because it seems like Veteran's Day and Memorial Day always get the short shrift -- they never get real cartoons solely because they always fall on Mondays.

Kerry Jo's experience reflects my own. It was my dad who served in the Army during the war, however, not my grandpa. Whenever older people heard about him being there during the war, and then my coming back to be a missionary, they were more than willing to talk to us! I'll bet my dad never thought that his work in the Army would result in opened doors for me as a missionary.

Most of the time my dad served as company clerk (because he was able to identify a typewriter), although he did see action too many times. He was in the Battle of Pork Chop Hill.

Here's to my dad, and all the other Veterans who so willingly serve! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment