Wednesday, November 5, 2008

OK, the election's over...now what?

OK, so this one is a little dated...I thought about updating it to say Mitt Romney, but Mondale just sounds better.

I have to say that both candidates gave impressive speeches last night; I was particularly impressed with Sen. McCain's concession speech. He sounded more like a statesman than a losing candidate. I particularly liked how he wished godspeed to the man who will be "my president." President-elect Obama also avoided partisan rhetoric, speaking highly of Sen. McCain and calling for unity: "So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other." It made me wonder how different things would be in our political world had the previous candidates taken a similar approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment