Sunday, August 4, 2013

Called to serve...in just a bit

I made a mistake!

The other day when I ran another one of Sis. Kerry Jo's cartoons, I was supposed to write about a few other very worthwhile missionary blogs!

First off, my niece (actually, my cousin's daughter -- but for convenience's sake, we'll call her my niece), Sis. Kimmie, is serving in Ukraine. She's a hoot! Kickin' it in Donuts tells of her amazing and awesome adventures in her own words. Check it out!

Next is my nephew, Elder Bahr, who is serving in the Czech Republic. He comes home at Christmastime, and his blog gives a bit different perspective than Kimmie's, but it's also well worth reading. The Czech Missionary shows how the work is going in that part of the world.

Every so often, I run my Mission President cartoons. But have you ever wondered what it's like to me a mission mom? My friend Kristin is doing just that. Her husband was called to be mission president in Honduras. Hermana Kristin shows us the behind the scenes operations through her photos and writing at The Mission President's Wife.

Lastly, but not leastly, Arie Van De Graaff offers up his perspective on missionary life every Monday.

Missionary work. It's out there!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still holding out hope for an epic crossover event. Let's say that Kerry Jo is forced to spend some time in Laputania while visa problems get sorted out. And then, when she finally gets to Korea, we find a very familiar face is her mission president!

    It would be so epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. We'll just have to wait and see what happens!

      Delete