Wednesday, November 15, 2023

The Moor the Merrier

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, can our troupe of Shakespearian turkeys be far behind?

Othello is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. Not only did we study it in Miss Woodward's AP English class, Othello introduced me to Monty Python.

Late one night, I stumbled across an FM radio station broadcasting Flying Circus. I didn't know at the time what I was listening to, but I still recall some great lines:

"Who's doing that awful moaning?" "Desdemona!"

They ran out into the streets of Venice. Splash! Splash! Splash!

Incidentally, a Shakespeare group in Detroit just last week ran one of my other turkey cartoons on their Facebook page. I feel so honored!

*Editor's note: For you purists, the actual line in Shakespeare is: "I will wear my heart upon my sleeve..." However, we shun organ meats with our Thanksgiving dinners and will happily stick with pie, thank you very much!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment