Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday skechbook: Error 404


Admit it. You’ve done it. Almost everyone with an Internet connection has.

You’ve googled yourself. And possibly one or two of your friends.

I did that just the other day. Most of the stuff that comes up is work related, either with the Oregon Department of Transportation (including its subsidiary, the DMV), or with the Utah DOT.

This time I went to the “image” results. My cartoon blogs were there (Beckstrom Buzz, Zarahemla Times, and even Good Heavens). But what surprised me was that I showed up on other sites as well.

Cool.

Then I went to one of the sites to see. Motleyvision.org had an entry that explored the world of Mormon comix (their spelling). Cool, I thought again. Then I tried to find where I was referenced.

Not in the main body.

In fact, I didn’t show up until the second half of the 53rd follow-up comment. Does that even deserve a W007?

Anyway, it was kind of cool. I also garnered a mention in sixteensmallstones.org with another entry on LDS entertainment on the Web. I feel like Steve Martin's character in the movie The Jerk: "My name is in the phone book! I'm somebody!"

No comments:

Post a Comment