Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ready to move on

When I was working on Explore Provo for the Utah Department of Transportation, there were a lot of ideas that I discarded. There were a few that made it all the way to a finished product, but I figured it was in my best interest not to publish. This falls into that category.

By September, the work zone on the project ran from the main entrance to campus to the University Parkway entrance, which was also the main access to the stadium. Football traffic was a big concern, and we worked with the university to come up with a traffic plan.

This was a time when BYU had a prolific offense, often scoring more points than the basketball team did. It was also a time when I home taught one of the offensive linemen, Dean Lott. He was huge. A nice guy, but huge. I wouldn't want to get on his bad side! All things considered, I thought it was better to let this one cartoon languish.

Until now.

I saw an article in the news about Arby's in Provo giving away free turnovers with a ticket stub from the game. I figured if they could do it, I could do it. And besides, Dean doesn't know where I live!


Normally after the rivalry game I'd publish something more like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment