Tuesday, June 14, 2022

This thought entered my head

Please indulge me while I whine about the woes of being a cartoonist. If you ever plan to travel, you have to either (a) plan and draw ahead, (b) fall back on reruns, or (c) make careful preparations so that you can do your work from the road.

I chose the latter option for my most recent trip, but even the backup plans seemed to go wrong. Here's what I didn't expect: just because a place says they have internet doesn't mean that it's reliable internet. Connectivity was a challenge.

Scanning is another challenge. It's one thing to pack a laptop; quite another to pack a scanner. There's the ol' scan-with-your-phone trick, but that's less effective when you can't get good lighting. You may not notice, but the perspective on this artwork is a little bit off. I had to shoot at a slight angle and make a few corrections in production. 

Anyway, I think I've got the bugs worked out and I can catch up on things. Thank you for your indulgence. Have a better day than mine (and it's actually pretty good)!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment