Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wheel of (mis)fortune

Nuts.

My bike was stolen on Memorial Day - the bike I use to ride to work. Or that I used to ride, I guess.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't the sixth bike that I've had stolen since moving to Salem. It doesn't seem to matter if they are locked or unlocked, secured on not secured, cheap or expensive.

I guess someone felt they needed my bike more than I do.

Nuts.



This is a page from a bicycle safety coloring book that we started at the Utah Department of Transportation. We got to the draft stage, but then something happened and it didn't make it all the way to print. It stars two bicycling geckos: the good example, Biko Gecko, and the bad example, Bonk - who always winds up getting in trouble because he ignores the safety rules.

At least the work wasn't wasted. I use the coloring book every year to teach my Cub Scouts about bicycle safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment