Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Light the World: Words of Love

The prompt for today's Light the World is  to send a favorite book to a faraway friend. The book I want to share is "Mormon Life" by Arie Van De Graaff — one of many in the Ward Cartoonist collection.

I remember stumbling across the book in Deseret Book one day. At that time I had given up on cartooning (for a variety of reasons). I picked up Arie's book and noticed that his humor and writing style were similar to mine. His drawing style was somewhat similar to mine. If he could do it, maybe so could I!

It was a moment that gave me hope. It was a step that got me back on the cartooning path. Blame him.

If you aren't acquainted with the Ward Cartoonist, check out his webpage. I also suggest signing up for his weekly Come, Follow Me Activity Page

*This is NOT a paid commercial endorsement. 

1 comment:

  1. You have never told me this story before. I had no idea.

    Based on the sales of that particular book, you were about the only person who ever purchased it.

    ReplyDelete