Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All the news that's fit

I've been fascinated with newspapers ever since I was a little kid, back in the day when my dad would run out in his underwear to grab the Salt Lake Tribune first thing in the morning. That's an image I can't (but would like to) forget! I still have a little blue spiral binder full of comics that I cut out of the paper way back then. I think that's when I first got the cartooning bug, back in the day when I spent hours tracing Peanuts and all those other strips that I loved.

A little while back we took the Cub Scouts down to the Statesman Journal to take a tour with Dick Hughes, the editorial page editor. He's done the Cub Scout tour for us for a couple of years; the kids have a good time and he gets a kick out of showing off for them. It's fun to talk to someone who loves newspapers, the newspaper business and the news. It's nice that there are good guys like him who are willing to take the time to share that passion with the rising generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment