Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Sketchbook: Struggles


So last Thursday, BYU kicked off for its season-opening football game at the exact same time that Mitt Romney addressed the Republican National Convention. For many folks I know, that caused a real dilemma. Would it be wrong to watch one in favor of the other?

For me, it wasn't much of a problem. I figured I'd watch the game, then if I wanted to hear the speech, I could catch it on some site on the Internet or read about it in the newspaper.

As it turned out, the game broadcast I listened to carried a simultaneous feed of the convention speech (someone at the station must've left a switch open). It got a little confusing at times as the crowds at one event cheered at times that were kind of awkward for the other!

1 comment:

  1. I went with "neither", since I don't care much for sports or political speechifying. :)

    ReplyDelete